Candidates desirous of seeking admission can obtain the prospectus from the College Campus, Dagapur, Siliguri on payment of Rs. 400/- in cash or through a crossed demand draft in favour of “Gyan Jyoti College”, payable at Siliguri. Application form can be downloaded from the college Website www.gjcoIIege.org and in such case the candidate has to make the payment of Rs. 400/- with the filled in application form along with the relevant documents and submit to the college office. Application form duly filled in along with the necessary documents should reach the Principal, Gyan Jyoti College, Dagapur, Siliguri within the due date. The names of the shortlisted candidates will be displayed on the Notice Board on the specified date. Admission fees must be deposited on the due date, failure to do so may result in cancellation of the seat. Fees once paid will not be refunded and the procedure will be followed strictly as per the college guidelines.
Caution money deposited at the time of admission will be refunded onlyafter the completion of the course. In case any student leaves the college in between the course, the caution money will not be refunded.
CHECKLIST FOR ADMISSION
- 2 attested photocopies of Class X marksheet.
- Original Class XII marksheet.
- 2 attested photocopies of Class XII marksheet.
- 2 attested photocopies of certificate of age-proof (Birth Certificate/Class X Admit Card/Class X Marksheet).
- 2 attested photocopies of Govt-issued SC/ST/OBC certificate of the 6. candidate (only for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- Original Class XII Migration Certificate (excepting candidates from WBCHSE).
- One attested photocopy of Class XII Migration Certificate (excepting candidates from WBCHSE).
- Original Transfer Certificate/School Leaving Certificate.
- 6 stamp size coloured photographs.
- An affidavit from court if the candidate has a gap in his/her academic career (a gap of upto 3 years is allowed).
- Proof of address (photocopy of telephone bill/electricity bill/any other document signed by parents)
- Anti-ragging affidavits (filled up by both candidate and parents) in the formats attached to the form and prospectus.
- Affidavit declaring adherence to attendance norms (signed by parent/guardian of the candidate).
A candidate who has been previously admitted to any other college, must produce a Transfer Certificate in original from the concerned college at the time of admission. In case any of the above documents is not enclosed with the admission form and/or the full payment of fees is not done at the time of admission, the candidate’s parent / guardian shall have to fill up an undertaking form.
At the time of admission, the candidate should be accompanied by his/her parents.
ANTI-RAGGING POLICY OF THE COLLEGE
In order to prohibit, prevent and eliminate the scourge of ragging, the College has implemented the regulations notified by the University Grants Commission (UGC) on curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, in view of the directions of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India. Students found guilty of ragging will be awarded punishment as prescribed in the UGC regulations. All candidates selected for admission will be required to submit two affidavits one by the candidate seeking admission, and the other by his/her parents. Formats of both affidavits are attached to the form and prospectus.